School of Music, Theatre and Dance
Update: March 12, 苹果彩票pg59
With the State of Michigan declaring a state of emergency based on confirmed cases of COVID-19, we, at Oakland University, are taking a range of measures to protect and maintain the safety and health of our community. That being said, all performances and events are suspended and/or postponed to the public until the end of the semester (or further notice.) Visit our . More information will follow as the situation progresses.
Oakland University's School of Music, Theatre and Dance (SMTD) is a leading center of performing arts education in southeast Michigan, offering outstanding educational and performance opportunities to undergraduate, graduate students, and community members. SMTD students learn and grow as musicians, actors, dancers, designers, arts educators and researchers in a collaborative and supportive environment.
- MaTilDa Awards honors distinguished performers in music, theatre and dance
- Take Root to present ‘Berlin and Other Obscure Dreams’ on March 6-7
- ‘Cabaret,’ a Tony Award-winning musical, returns to the OU stage March 26-29, April 1-5
- Music, Theatre and Dance News: March 苹果彩票pg59
- Vera Quartet, pianist Meng-Chieh Liu coming to OU’s Varner Recital Hall
- OU students earn top honors at Kennedy Center American College苹果彩票pg11 Theatre Festival
- OU appoints three to rank of Distinguished Professor
- Oakland Symphony Orchestra to present 23rd Annual David Daniels Young Artists Concert
- Shakespeare’s ‘Macbeth’ coming to OU stage Feb. 6-9, 13-16
- Gryphon Trio to perform all-Beethoven program at Oakland University